Publish or Perish on Microsoft Windows
The Windows version of Publish or Perish is available for downloading by using the link below. The download package contains an installer for Microsoft Windows and is digitally signed by Tarma Software Research Ltd.
Note: The Publish or Perish software installer does NOT require administrator rights. You can install the Publish or Perish software on your computer even as a non-privileged user.
If you are using the Publish or Perish software in one of your research articles or otherwise want to refer to it, please use the following format:
Harzing, A.W. (2007) Publish or Perish, available from http://www.harzing.com/pop.htm
A 15-minute audio & slide presentation on citation analysis and Publish or Perish can be found on slideshare.
A recording of "From publication to impact: Using Google Scholar and Publish or Perish to measure research impact" is available on the website of Centre for Learning & Technology at the London School of Economics.
Publish or Perish is provided courtesy of Harzing.com. It is free for personal non-profit use; please refer to the End User License Agreement for the full licensing terms and conditions.
1. Check that your computer meets the following minimum system requirements:
- Windows XP, 2003, Vista, 7, 8, including x64 and Server editions.
- Some memory (enough to run the operating system, not much more).
- Some hard disk space (ditto).
- An Internet connection.
2. Download the Publish or Perish software installer from the Harzing.com web site:
Version: 4.7.0 (23 August 2014) - What's new?
3. Start the PoPSetup.exe installer by double-clicking on the file that you just downloaded. On most systems, a security warning dialog box will now appear that looks like one of the following.
Click Run or Continue or Yes after you have verified that the publisher's name is Tarma Software Research Ltd.
(Note: Before 15 August 2014 our installers were signed by Tarma Software Research Pty Ltd; these are also fine.)
4. The installer will now start. Follow the instructions on the screen to confirm your acceptance of the license agreement and to install the Publish or Perish software on your computer.
Note: If you have an earlier version of Publish or Perish on your computer, it will be automatically removed before the new version is installed. Your queries are preserved during the upgrade process.
5. After installation is complete, you can start Publish or Perish through the Windows Start menu: click on the Start menu button, then All Programs, then Publish or Perish 4.
6. If you ever need to remove the Publish or Perish software from your system, use the Add/Remove Programs control panel.