Note - If you wish to link to any of these pages, please feel free do so without checking with me in advance, though an email to firstname.lastname@example.org would be nice! However, please do not copy any pages; this collection of links is © Anne-Wil Harzing 1997-2009. In addition, I'll be updating the pages on a regular basis; a link will ensure your own users get the most up to date version. Legal notices...
- These websites will allow you to get the "gist" of foreign language text and web pages. However, be careful in relying on them for all but the simplest text translations.
- Ethnologue: Languages of the World
- A collection of many resources to help you with research of the world's languages Contains language maps, a language family index, language names & codes, a catalogue of language software products, and online bookstore and a bibliography with more than 12,000 references.
- I love languages
- Claims to be the biggest and best guide to language-related web sites. It contains more than 2000 links, including information about online language lessons, dictionaries, translation services, and language schools. Also contains some links that are useful to language researches such as links to research groups and organizations related to language research.
- Language Jokes & translation humour
- BLAGUES-L is a BILINGUAL (English / French) joke mailing list. Subscribers receive one joke a day, for free and without any ads. Fully searchable archives are kept. Among other things, it contains a great joke about language standardization in the European union.