Publish or Perish has the following system requirements:
- Windows XP, 2003, Vista, 7, 8, or 10, including x64 editions. Some (non-essential) functions require Windows 7 or later and have reduced functionality on Windows XP, 2003, and Windows Vista.
- Publish or Perish will also run correctly on Wine 1.8 or later, if Wine emulates one of the Windows versions mentioned above. For details, see Publish or Perish on GNU/Linux and Publish or Perish on OS X.
- Enough memory to run the operating system comfortably.
- About 4.5 MB hard disk space for the software proper, and anything from 1 MB up to several hundred MB to store the retrieved data. (You can reclaim disk space by regularly clearing the query cache through the Tools > Clear Cache command.)
- An Internet connection. If your Internet access takes place through a proxy server, then make sure that you are properly logged in to the proxy so the Publish or Perish software can reach the Google and Microsoft servers.
Copyright © 2016 David Adams. All rights reserved. Page last modified on Thu 22 Dec 2016 16:32
Web master of Harzing.com and developer of the Publish or Perish software, among other things. He holds BSc and MSc degrees in Electrical Engineering, a PhD in Operations Research, and likes to watch academic life from a safe distance.