Cross-cultural and language resources
Note - If you wish to link to any of these pages, please feel free do so without checking with me in advance, though an email to email@example.com would be nice! However, please do not copy any pages; this collection of links is ©Anne-Wil Harzing 1997-2018. In addition, I'll be updating the pages on a regular basis; a link will ensure your own users get the most up to date version. Legal notices...
- Hofstede and Globe cultural dimensions
- You want to use the Hofstede or Globe cultural dimensions in your study? You don't want to spend ages finding them and typing them up? We have done that for you and included them in an Excel spreadsheet. You can download it here.
- Delta Intercultural Academy
- This is the website of The Delta Intercultural Academy: a knowledge and learning community for all those professionally interested or involved in intercultural business and management communication. It contains links to articles on these topics, news on conferences, reviews and information about research projects.
- Geert Hofstede
- Geert Hofstede's own home page. Topics include a summary of his ideas about national and organization cultures, publications, biographical information, training and consulting services, and more.
- Culture and management consultants who offer cross-cultural training rooted in Hofstede's cultural dimensions.
- The Thiagi Group
- This website provides information about a range of workshops by Thiagi, has a large collection of training games and lots of freebies, including tips for facilitators, email games, interactive lectures, articles and hand-outs. Highly recommended!
- Trompenaars Hampden-Turner
- Trompenaars Hampden-Turner provide consulting, training, coaching and (un)learning services to help leaders and professionals manage and solve their business and culture dilemmas, based on Fons Trompenaars' seven-dimensional model of culture.
- World Factbook
- A great website if you want to quickly verify some basic country facts.
- World Values Survey
- The World Values Survey project is a worldwide investigation of sociocultural and political change. It has carried out representative national surveys of the basic values and beliefs of publics in more than 65 societies.
- Ethnologue: Languages of the World
- A collection of many resources to help you with research of the world's languages Contains language maps, a language family index, language names & codes, a catalogue of language software products, and online bookstore and a bibliography with more than 12,000 references.
- I love languages
- Claims to be the biggest and best guide to language-related web sites. It contains more than 2000 links, including information about online language lessons, dictionaries, translation services, and language schools. Also contains some links that are useful to language researches such as links to research groups and organizations related to language research.
- Language Jokes & translation humour
- BLAGUES-L is a BILINGUAL (English / French) joke mailing list. It has now ceased sending new jokes, but fully searchable archives are kept. Among other things, it contains a great joke about language standardization in the European union.
Copyright © 2019 Anne-Wil Harzing. All rights reserved. Page last modified on Sun 16 Jun 2019 10:21
Anne-Wil Harzing is Professor of International Management at Middlesex University, London and visiting professor of International Management at Tilburg University. She is a Fellow of the Academy of International Business, a select group of distinguished AIB members who are recognized for their outstanding contributions to the scholarly development of the field of international business. In addition to her academic duties, she also maintains the Journal Quality List and is the driving force behind the popular Publish or Perish software program.