Books and publications
This section contains an overview of my books and publications. For more information about the research projects from which these publications result, see the Research section.
- Publications by type - Complete list of my academic and professional publications, by type
- Publications by year - The same list, organised by year
- Ten career-best publications - Publications that I consider the most significant
- Online papers - Online (PDF) versions of selected published academic papers
- White papers - Online white papers and presentations, dealing mostly with research quality and impact
- Harzing.com paper series - A forum for authors with papers that have difficulty finding an outlet, for instance because they are controversial or do not fit traditional frameworks.
- Publish or Perish - A software program that retrieves and analyzes academic citations
- Journal Quality List - Comparative rankings for more than 900 academic journals
- Literature Database - Thousands of references in International Management
- Publishing Resources - Information about academic writing and publishing
© 2010 Anne-Wil Harzing. Published by Tarma Software Research Pty Ltd, Melbourne, Australia, 266 pp. ISBN 978-0-9808485-0-2 (PDF), 978-0-9808485-1-9 (pbk, color), 978-0-9808485-2-6 (pbk, b&w)
Citations are not just a reflection of the impact that a particular piece of academic work has generated. Citations can be used to tell stories about academics, journals and fields of research, but they can also be used to distort stories. This book is meant to help you create effective stories, but also to teach you to be a responsible user of research metrics. I hope you enjoy reading it and applying its content to good use. More about this book...
Ton van Raan's review in 9 December 2010 edition of Nature: “The Publish or Perish Book is a useful resource for scientists, particularly in fields in which Google Scholar is a major source of citations.”
Nicola De Bellis' review in Journal of the American Society for Information Science & Technology: "Harzing’s book is a useful, thoughtfully written, and highly informative source on a particular implementation of citation analysis .."
© 2011 Anne-Wil Harzing and Ashly Pinnington (eds.), SAGE Publications Ltd., London, 624 pp. ISBN 9781847872838 and ISBN 9781847872937 (pbk).
This third edition of the bestselling text provides an integrated research-based perspective of the consequences of internationalisation for the management of people across borders. The book’s comprehensiveness is evidenced by its broad and global coverage.
© 2004 Anne-Wil Harzing and Joris Van Ruysseveldt (eds.), SAGE Publications Ltd., London, 499 pp. ISBN 0-7619-4039-1 and ISBN 0-7619-4040-5 (pbk).
This totally revised edition of the bestselling text provides a comprehensive, international perspective of the consequences of internationalization for the management of people across borders.
© 1999 Anne-Wil Harzing - Published by Edward Elgar Publishing Limited, Cheltenham, UK and Northampton, MA, USA, 425 pp. ISBN 1-84064-052-9.
Managing the multinationals provides a greater understanding of the ways multinational corporations operate in the age of globalisation. It is an in-depth analysis of the control mechanisms used by multinationals, and considers among other issues the structure and strategy of multinationals, the role of expatriates in controlling subsidiaries, the international transfer of managers, and international human resource management.
Anne-Wil Harzing and Joris Van Ruysseveldt (eds.), © 1995 Open Universiteit, Heerlen - Published by SAGE Publications Ltd., London, 384 pp. ISBN 0-8039-7950-9 and ISBN 0-8039-7951-7 (pbk).
This comprehensive textbook offers an integrated introduction to the strategic, organizational, human resource and industrial relations issues posed by internationalization.